News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
- Sunday Papers: BoE to launch inquiry over forex fixing claims
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 04:54:24 Z
And WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has received shares worth almost £23 million as part of the advertising giant?s long-term incentive scheme.
- Saturday Papers: Independent Scotland would lose UK's AAA rating, warns Citigroup
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 03:53:02 Z
And Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia have urged the US Congress to help them buy American natural gas.
- Friday 5: Cold War, hot energy, pollution and probes
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 18:53:01 Z
Our weekly roundup of the main events in stock markets and business, including our exclusive 'Accumulator' investment table.
- Gold dips, FTSE 100 volatile after US jobs data
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:32:00 Z
US labour report seen as supporting Federal Reserve's current pace of stimulus 'tapering'.
- Week Ahead: Ukraine, China and Prudential
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:56:42 Z
Our preview of the main financial events of the coming week.
BBC Business News
- Co-op Group to boost executive pay
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 03:34:13 GMT
The troubled Co-operative Group is set to award large pay rises and bonuses to its senior staff, it emerges.
- VIDEO: Diamond polishers lose their sparkle
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 00:19:13 GMT
Surat in the Indian state of Gujurat is known as the world's capital of diamond polishing, but fluctuating currencies are threatening business.
- 'Great uncertainty' in tax crackdown
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:33:28 GMT
Government forecasts for what it expects to recoup from closing tax loopholes are vulnerable to "great uncertainty", MPs say.
- VIDEO: On board a $300m superyacht
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:16:12 GMT
Nima Abu Wardeh takes a tour of the most expensive superyacht currently on the market.
- Boeing checks 787s for wing cracks
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:24:13 GMT
US aerospace company Boeing says it is checking 787 Dreamliner planes under production for potential "hairline cracks" in wings.
- Iran sees nuclear deal in months
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 08:50:21 GMT
Iran's foreign minister tells the visiting EU foreign policy chief a nuclear deal could come in months but Catherine Ashton stresses there is no guarantee.
- Be transparent on pay, says minister
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 08:31:35 GMT
Councils must show how they decide to award big salaries to their officials, says Local Government Minister Lesley Griffiths.
- Missing plane 'may have turned back'
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 08:14:06 GMT
Radar signals show a Malaysia Airlines plane missing for more than 24 hours with 239 people on board may have turned back, officials say.
- Judge 'backed paedophile campaign'
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 06:00:39 GMT
High Court judge Lord Justice Fulford campaigned to support a paedophile group that tried to legalise sex with children, a newspaper claims.
- Malaysia jet theories and a Sochi win
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 05:51:05 GMT
The missing Malaysia Airlines plane prompts speculation on the front pages, while there are new revelations about the Stephen Lawrence inquiry and praise for a Team GB Paralympics win.