News and comment
The external links on this page will take you to other sites which are not connected to the regulated site of . Neither nor
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
- QA: what next for the Co-op?
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:56:28 +0100
After posting the worst results in its 150-year history, the embattled Co-op group has some important decisions to make about its future.
- Franklin drops Templeton name from fund range
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:08:39 +0100
Firm insists 'investment philosophies and management strategies have not changed in any way'.
- BlackRock shuts Evy Hambro?s small company mining fund
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:55:08 +0100
Firm says small Mining Opportunities fund suffered large withdrawals by investors and had shrunk below £1 million.
- Diary of a Dumb Investor: I'm Russian for returns
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:01:09 +0100
I'm making what could be my most adventurous investment yet, braving the Crimean crisis to buy a Russian investment trust.
- Why I'm keeping a beady eye on Mobius
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:04:55 +0100
Mark Mobius' Templeton Emerging Markets (TEM) investment trust looked attractive as I prepared Citywire's Top Trust portfolio.
BBC Business News
- Barnes Noble founder offloads $64m
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:49:02 GMT
Barnes Noble chairman trims his stake in the bookstore company to 20% by selling shares worth $64m.
- VIDEO: Singapore puts innovation on show
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:23:04 GMT
Singapore is running a trade fair for entrepreneurs, where exhibitors hope to turn their idea into a worldwide success.
- Ex-BP worker fined over shares trade
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:10:09 GMT
A BP employee who oversaw the cleanup of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in 2010 agrees to settle a charge of insider trading.
- Selling globally is child's play
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:09:09 GMT
The tech making e-commerce easier for small firms
- Alfa Romeo plots a US comeback
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:06:51 GMT
After 20 years, Alfa Romeo returns to the US
- Sacked doctor was unfairly dismissed
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:30:59 GMT
A sacked heart specialist was unfairly dismissed after raising concerns about patient safety, an employment tribunal rules.
- 10 sartorial moments that tell us a lot about politics
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:33:31 GMT
10 sartorial moments that reveal the superficiality of politics
- Algeria votes on Bouteflika's future
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:15:07 GMT
Algerians have voted in elections in which incumbent President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, who suffered a stroke last year, is seeking a fourth term.
- Missing prisoner alert took 20 hours
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:05:22 GMT
Police admit they were "slow off the mark" in alerting the public that a convicted robber serving eight years, had failed to return to an open prison in Suffolk.
- In Pictures: Great North Passion
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:48:34 GMT
Artists customise 12 shipping containers to tell Easter story